Thursday, November 8, 2012

Molecules of Life & Bag It

Today we began a discussion on the macromolecules that are pertinent to life, as we know it.  We're discussing carbohydrates, lipids, proteins and nucleic acids.  I created a presentation years ago, when I was teaching 10th grade biology, that introduced this same topic, but at a much deeper level.  I'm including that presentation here, so that parents may view it to get an understanding as to what we're learning about in class.

Today we discussed carbohydrates and lipids.  Slides 3, 5, 10, 11, 27 and 35 may be useful to view.

Click here for the presentation.

In addition, students watched the documentary Bag It.  We will be discussing the science presented in this documentary in the upcoming weeks.  If you would like to borrow the DVD, please let me know and I can send it home with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment